Monday, March 3, 2014

Who's with me?

Maybe I'm doing this because it is the right thing to do.  Maybe I'm doing this because I'm excited about running season.  Or, maybe I'm doing this because I'm so sick of the snow and cold it gets my mind thinking of warmer weather.  Either way, it is to late!

For the second time in as many races my wife and I will be running in a local 5K.  If you can remember we did something like this back in November.

 
 
I'm not sure she's totally hooked yet, but we are really looking forward to running on March 15th at the 3rd Annual Hartville Trail Run.  http://www.hartvilletrail.com/
It will be the 1st run of the year for us and Ry's second 'real' 5K.  What worries me?  The cold the mud the cold again.  I really enjoy running but most of you know that living in North East Ohio you expect the unexpected.  That's what makes it fun.  But that's what makes it hard to train.  I have this gut feeling that Ry will be more like this in a 'classy' before the race and after the race photo.  But you never know...

 

Over the weekend I must have been bitten by the sun, because I didn't stop there.  Nope, I decided to lace up my big boy shoes and sign up for the Pro Football Hall of Fame on the 27th of April.
 
 
I asked Ry if she wanted to join me for this one too.  It didn't take me long to figure out the answer based on the 'look' she gave me.  But, I can't go back now!  I am committed and will continue to train.  I ran in the Cleveland Half last spring but that occured in May.  This will be the earliest I've run since I started.  Training for a 5K and training for a Half are completely different.  I have some awesome supporters though between the pretty red head I married, my little buddy and the pretty little red head that told me I can do it and pointed out my potential reward for finishing...
 

 
Maybe some chocolate after I cross the finish line, maybe.  Well 2014, here I come.  Looking forward to race season, with a touch of golf season and spring sports with my biggest fan base.  I'll keep you all posted on our success.  So...WHO'S WITH ME!? 


No comments:

Post a Comment