Thursday, December 12, 2013

"Extra-size"


Dad are you going to Extra-size? 

“No, it’s exercise.  Ex-ER-cise.”  My son so delicately explains to his little sister.  Anybody that is around kids can relate.  It is a lot of fun hearing how they pronounce certain words and phrases.  I love it.  They are getting close to the age though were this goes away.  And it makes me sad.

 

The thing though that makes me happy is that they see what mom and dad are doing and that is staying active.  Staying healthy and making time for them all at once.  Both are active.  My son and I will have little push up contests and my daughter will challenge daddy to do a bridge.  A bridge is when you lie on your back, put your hands behind your head and push your body up off the floor.  Now facing the ceiling my body WOULD be arched like a bridge.  I lose every single time.  She knows it too.  They both show me how big their muscles are getting.  Both want to run in a 5K this summer.  I might have to scale back for my daughter, but she’ll fight be the entire way.  My son on the other hand thinks he’s ready too.  “Ok” I told him, we’ll practice and see what he thinks.  I love the fact that both want to try something new and something that requires practice and work.

“Will he have to go to the Hos-ti-ble?”  No dear, he won’t have to go to the hospital, we’ll be fine.  I love my kids and I love it even more when they talk about Extra-sizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment