Tuesday, December 3, 2013

So much to be thankful for.


This past week we, my family and I along with many many friends celebrated my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving.  I’m not much of a shopper so I don’t get caught up in the shopping.  This is a great time to sit back and reflect.  A great time to talk, share and celebrate what our Lord has given to all of us.  Soon we will celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior.  But today we give thanks to Him for all that he has provided.

It’s been some time since I’ve posted anything.  I have no excuses as I was getting over a cold and trying to get healthy again.  Why you might ask?  I wasn’t listening to my body.  There are times during our fitness struggles where our mind and our heart just aren’t in it and we forfeit that time to ‘avoid’ having to do anything.  Sometimes guilt sets in and sometimes remorse for missing out on our schedule.  Over the past couple of years I have struggled with all of these things.  In recent months I have been much better at sticking to a routine.  Thanks to being able to manage work outs and balance my life along with those work outs. 

Getting encouragement and having others help you get through your motivation albeit your heart or your head, you need somebody other than that person in the mirror to help you.  However, when your body says you need a break, you need to listen.  Remember we are blessed with our body’s and need to treat them as a gift.  When we don’t listen we break down.  Either muscle strains, ligament strains or sinus infections. 
 



 

In mid-November my wife and I trained for and ran in the Hot Chocolate Run in Columbus Ohio.  I’m so very proud of her by the way, it was her first 5K.  Needless to say my body was asking me to slow down.  I didn’t listen.  After the race the next morning I went to the doctor and it was determined I had a sinus infection and needed to take it easy before it gets worse.  Listen to your body.  There are times when you want to get over the hump, and you will.  There are times when you start seeing results that you want to keep going and don’t want to fall back into bad habit.  There are also times when its asking you to take it easy.  Do it.  Humble yourself.  In the end, give thanks to our Lord for all he has provided.  I know I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment