Friday, April 24, 2015

Starting the season off out of the norm.

So this year to start off, I decided to try something a little different.  Several of my buddies that I run with on a regular basis decided to do the Pro Football Hall of Fame Marathon this year.  I did this last year and ran the half.  It was an absolute blast.



This year I'm doing it again. BUT...myself and 4 other guys are going to do the Relay (this is the 1st year they have done this).  There are 5 legs to the race (10K, 5K, 5K, 12K & 10K...it will total 26.2, trust me).  I get the chance to run the middle leg and frankly I can live with that.  As a team, we set the bar pretty high.  We, by we I mean 4 of the 5 of us, are 'weekend' runners...amateurs...slow pokes. Our goal is to break 3 hours as a team.  This can be done.  By us?  That is to be determined.

What I do know is that I'm going to go out there, run harder than I have ever done before to not let my team down and then collapse.  I've always felt that if I feel like I can continue to run even a little further after a race, I didn't work hard enough during.  Like last year, they have some pretty cool 'swag' I'm looking forward to as well.  Aside from the blanket and shirt, they have medals for the relay team with a football theme.  I'll always remember these guys after Sunday because I'll have one of these 5 medals:



Two things will be certain on Sunday.  One, I'm going to be around a bunch of people that I wouldn't trade for the world and two, I am going to have so much fun in the process.

This trying different things every now and then, it ain't so bad.  And by the grace of our Lord, he'll keep us safe and healthy.  Best of luck to all the runners, Full, Half and Relay Teams.

Keep working hard.

God bless,
Coach Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment