Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Its been busy!!

Yeah, OK, since the end of the Pro Football Hall of Fame Relay life did get a little crazy.

There is less than two weeks until the Matchstick 5K/10K that we've been putting together since October 2014.  Well, things have been picking up, but more and more exciting things are coming from this other than just a race to support the local community.  I'll have share all the cool stories, but that will take a lot of time right now.

I ran a local 5K to support the library (you should appreciate that Sharon) and it was a ton of fun. Several of us from the Matchstick Race Committee took part to support another local race.  I DID set a new 5K PR finished in 20:20 and 6th overall.  Still came in second to another Race Committee Member.  In my defense, she won the Women's Half Marathon at the Pro Football Hall of Fame back in April.  She's pretty quick.  Here we are post race (I hid in the back close to the flag):


Other than that, the family has been busy with my son's baseball and Taekwondo (he's a Jr. Black Belt...soooo close and so proud),


My baby girl finished up her spring soccer season.  These girls have been together for 2 full seasons now and its scary how good they can be.  It will be a blast to watch them grow.

I ran my first half marathon this season and HOLY COW it was muggy, hot and hilly.  Probably the hardest race I've ever run.  My goal was to finish between 1:41 and 1:44 and through the first half of the half (hahaha) I was on pace for a PR.  That fell apart fast at the 10 mile marker and I hit the proverbial wall and finished at 1:43:17. Finish in the top 10 in my age group and 58th out of 886. In all I'm happy, but man it was hard.  Something to build off of as the Rubber City Race Series starts in a week.  I'm going to try and hammer out the 1 mile sprint.

That afternoon after the half, my sister in law's step daughter got married and it was an out door wedding.  Weelllllll, needless to say the wedding went off without a hitch.  Then the reception took place and this happened:


There was about 400 yards between where we were eating and our car.  We made it, but I felt bad for the Bride and Groom, because everything we great...minus the rain forest type water works that took place.

AND, I found time to study, take and pass a work related designation exam.  Yeah, I'm going to have to figure out what the heck to do with all my time after this month!  I'm sure it will be filled.

While all this is going on nearly all of Northeast Ohio was ALL IN for the CAVS Finals Run. Unfortunately last night it ended in disappointment, but I don't think anybody locally saw them going this far.  But watching it with friends lead to some fun times.


and some late nights,

I have to say with all this, I've been truly blessed with great friends and family who have been supportive and loving.  God has been good. and I've never stopped during these crazy times to pause and look at all He has provided and be so very thankful.

Keep working hard and God Bless.

Coach Bill 

No comments:

Post a Comment