Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Preping for the Half Part II

I think there comes a point in time during the training process where you just have to realize that even though you're not ready, you are just going to have to do the best you can.

I had to take a week off for minor surgery.  Then, THEN, Mother Nature decides to play a joke on me...us.  Tantalizing us with 70 degrees and then only to have snow on the ground the next morning.  The hardest part about training this time of year, meaning the calendar, is that you just never know what to expect.  I, for one, am tired of waking up to this:


Even though it is snowing here, I just had one of my real good friends finish her first her first Team Triathlon. Tis' the season! 

It has to end at some point.  I finally did my last long run before the Half.  I maxed out at 11.5 miles before the 13.1 at a 8:18 per mile pace.  It is probably best to make sure you train for the race you are running.  When I train for The Akron Marathon the training will be different.  More interval training, speed training, and longer faster distant runs.  I expect a good time and I expect to be better than last year, but I am also a realist and things could definitely change...especially depending on the weather. 

I am still looking forward to it.  The 'swag' looks great and the Finisher's Blanket looks really nice too.  The bonus is that when I go to pick up my stuff my family and I will get FREE entry into the Hall of Fame.  I love this place, if you have an affection for football the Pro Football Hall of Fame is the place to go.  All around this is going to be a fun family experience and in the end, I get to run.

Coach Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment