Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Preping for the Half Part III

Nervous, anxious, worried and excited.  Since Monday, now that Easter has come and gone, my email reminders continue to pop up notifying me that the race is getting closer.  This will be my 4th Half Marathon, but for some reason this one is a tad different for me.

Maybe because I set my goals pretty high this year.  I did get off on the right foot back in March, and felt real good about my results considering it was a trail run, the paths made it difficult to pass and I started in the middle of the pack.  And during my training for this half I've actually had better times than I anticipated.  Last Sunday I did 11.5 and Easter morning 9.6 before church (good thing too, because after what I ate you would have thought I wasn't training at all).  Those were my last long runs and I was training for miles rather than time.  But the bar has been set.

My goals for 2014:

Break 20:00 for a 5K before the end of the year

Break 1:40:00 at the Akron Marathon

Well, all the chips are on the table and I better deliver.  You can't back out now.  But I've got my cheering section ready to go...



God love them for loving me.  Wish me luck!

Bill


No comments:

Post a Comment