Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest of all seeds on earth.

Mark 4:31

People will come and people will go in your life.  It’s the ones that come back that you know are truly your friends.  Or it’s the ones in your life that you can tell the same stories over and over and still laugh as hard as you did the first time you told it.  You know these types of people.  Either way they encourage you and support you and are always there for you to lend an ear and bounce an idea or two off of them.  I have been blessed to have both types of friends in my life. 

I have a friend that I’ve known since 8th grade and we’ve been close ever since.  He married a wonderful woman and they have 2 beautiful little girls.  They’re family to me.  When I started this journey a couple years ago they were a part of it.  We had the chance to vacation together up in Michigan and I was training for my first ever half marathon.  They were accommodating with some of the foods I ate and didn’t eat (smores for breakfast), they put up with the running I ‘attempted’ to do most mornings.  A year later I was down another 15 pounds when we saw them again.  My life changed.  My life style changed.  My mind set had changed.  My physical appearance changed as well.    

They decided to join me in this experience and make some of their own changes.  Of course I was not aware of this initially.  Nearly 3 months ago they both, as a partnership and with the intent to hold each other accountable, purchased a home work out program.  INSANITY, by Shaun T.  I did this program from January through the middle of March of this year and fell in love with it myself.  They both finished at the end of September.  During this 60 days experience I warned them that it is hard but it will get addictive, especially when you start feeling and seeing results.  Well, needless to say, they are hooked!  Now they doing “HIP HOP ABS” and “FOCUS T25”.  I’m thrilled for them.  This is from a year and a half ago.  All of us have transformed, but our friendship hasn't.
 
 
I have asked them to share some of their stories, successes and struggles.  This is my blog, but as I’ve said before, you are never alone.  These two people, along with wife and another friend I’ll introduce later, are holding me accountable and I am holding them accountable.  They are transforming their lives and are examples to their children and friends on working hard and getting results.  My journey will continue, just like the mustard seed we start small.  I’ve just add a couple more people to go with me.  I will add more.  And by the grace of God we will continue to change lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment