Thursday, December 18, 2014

Off and Running!

Pun intended.  In early November I shared with you my excitement about an up coming race that we are going to hold in 2015.

Needless to say, we are a go and have a great committee that is involved in outlining all details and promote the race and events that surround the week.  There is still a lot of work left and more of the details will follow after the first of the year.

Some of the details that are nailed down:

  • It will be a 5K & 10K race
  • It will be held on Friday June 26th
  • It will be a Twilight Run (race will start for both at 8:00pm)
  • Time keeper established (more on this after the 1st of the year)
  • Finish Line at Art Wright Stadium
There are still things I am excited to talk about...but just not there yet:
  • 5K Course Map
  • 10K Course Map
  • Race Logo & Shirts
  • I'm heading up the Volunteers...can't wait to start bragging about this even more
  • Countless other items!
I will have links and hopefully more photos within the next couple of weeks.  Until then we have a direction, but are still finding our way.  Not much different than these guys:


But we are so close.  I also plan on putting together a training guide.  I won't be able to physically run in this one, but I sure as heck can get ready for it!

Keep working hard and stay strong.




No comments:

Post a Comment