Monday, February 22, 2016

I wish it would slow down

I have to admit, I'm truly blessed with all that I have and I wouldn't want anything to change.  But now that we are through Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and now my works busy season...things seem to be going to fast and I want it to slow just a tad.

It was one of those weekends when you try to sit back and take it all in.  My daughter and I were doing a 'craft' together. (By craft...doodling and doing what she tells me.)  We'll do this every now and then.  The TV was on in the family room and I had a flash back.  When she was about 2...maybe 3 I took this photo:


OK....ignore the cigar catalog...it was all her idea.  Other than time, while doing our craft I look up and see this:


I wanted time to stop.  Not much has changed around the house other than some pictures and rearranged furniture.  But what has changed...my kids, my wife and I.  Only aged a bit.  So after it took me a while to get myself together, later in the week her school held a Father/Daughter dance around Valentines Day.  Lord, please make it stop:


Earlier in the day they had a Valentines Day party in her class and a friend of ours was there and capture this photo.  Two things from this picture...1) I don't know what, but my wife and I must be doing something right; and 2) Don't worry, there will ALWAYS be prayer in school.

If her faith and personality turn out anything like her mom....oh boy, I am in so much trouble.  Her brother and I are going to have to be strong!


Yes, I'm looking for to what is in store for her and my son.  I'm just willing to wait.

God Bless and stay strong.

Coach Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment