Thursday, November 12, 2015

We finally did it!

It took a lot of convincing, but my wife and kids broke me and we spent a week in Walt Disney World.  OK, full disclosure, I really like Disney World and I think I was more excited than my kids.

The best is the unexpected or the complete opposite of what you expect to happen.  My wife and I have been planning this for months and kept it form the kids until the morning we were supposed to leave.  We had it all plan out on what we were going to do, and we did it.  We were expected to get loud, boisterous cheers...well that didn't happen.  The exact opposite did.  Alex did get excited in his normal everyday fashion, with big eyes and a grin you couldn't wipe off his face.  He was excited!


Korrine on the other hand...well, not so much.  It was 4:15am when we did wake them to go, but we thought the excitement would get both up and moving.  She didn't want to miss her soccer game that morning and after several minuets of just begging her to get moving, I had to pull out the big guns. The, "Ok, we're going to leave without you."  Then she saw my dad, who was there to take us to the airport.  Then it sank in.  She continued to be a bit reluctant though.


Finally, once we made it to our gate at the airport, she started getting excited.  But my wife and I had our doubts for the first 2 hours.

It truly is a magical place and we had a blast.  We were constantly on the go and the days went by quick, but the memories will last forever.  We are truly blessed to be able to do this as a family.  Time goes by so fast, and these 2 are growing up so quickly. I don't want to have regrets or in time use phrases like, "I wish we would have done something like that."  We can't do it all, but what we can do I want to do it together.








Yes...my wife had 'special' shirts made for the family.  One recommendation if anybody else doing this, DO NOT use black.  Holy hot!  It is still Florida.

Keep working hard and God Bless.

Coach Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment